Sunday, April 21, 2019

Release, Redaction, Dissemination and ... Indictments?

Many of us enjoy the essays of Victor Davis Hanson.  He is clear-headed and concise.  The following are a few extracts from his recent essay in the 20 April 2019 issue of National Review,  "Why the Effort to Demonize Attorney General Barr?"

"The current progressive effort to demonize attorney general William Barr is creepy, but then again not so strange. He came into the office with singular experience and an excellent reputation from past service. As attorney general, he has followed the law to the letter in handling the release, redactions, and dissemination of the Mueller report ...

"As for the charge that Barr, a former Bush appointee, is Trump’s 'hand-picked' choice –how odd, given that all attorney generals are presidents’ hand-picked selections. How could they not be? ...

"So, more likely, the effort to delegitimize the professional Barr is the opening, preemptory salvo in the second and quite different round of investigations ...

"So the fear is not that Barr broke or will ever break the law, but rather just the opposite: He seems the sort who will follow the law wherever it leads him and without worry over the consequences — and that reality is now apparently seen by some as quite scary indeed."

Dare we hope that Barr will clean house?

Feel free to go off-topic in your comments.

10 comments:

  1. I think lack of commentary here is more timing than anything else.

    AG Barr is our best hope of cleaning house, draining the swamp, whatever you wish to call it. The critters (Schiff especially) were all over the Sunday shows trying to spin. Fortunately, we had the TV off most of the day or it would have ruined Easter. I am most interested in the investigation into the origins of the counter-intelligence operation and who leaked what. The true obstruction occurred under Obama's watch - his legacy was at stake if Hillary lost - when Mrs. Clinton got away with destroying evidence under subpoena. Seriously I wonder if these people hear themselves. the twisted logic is astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo.
    I like the format. Fiona, thanks so much for all your hard work!
    Let's just take baby steps at first.
    My intent is to post articles (like the one above, which I also found separately) I find around the 'nets for your amusement and comment.

    I remain stunned at the high-handed and opaque way the WSJ decide to make its drastic changes to the commenting system.
    Most offensive is the fact they can't just tell us what they are doing and trying to accomplish.
    Someone over there said we were being "petulant" by bailing.
    I'm sorry, but when someone takes 50 percent of the value out of a product I've bought for years, "petulant" does not begin to describe my feelings.
    I might buy back in to the WSJ, under my wife's name, to snag a cheap sub.
    But if they don't want me commenting, I got no problem not commenting.

    PS: Not everyone uses their real name around here. Let's respect that. Because as a big brother, I know that Big Brother is always watching! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Todd. Glad you're here. Be as petulant as you like here, about any topic you like. This is OUR blog, and nobody tells us what we can or cannot say.

      I replied also to your post (thanks for that, looking forward to more), so please see that reply for additional feedback, and why I decided (this morning) that I'll just call myself Jude here. Fiona is another me, a non-political me who is trying not to get put back in Twitter Jail. On this blog, I can be Jude. For now, I am commenting via the blog's account, BOTW Refugees.

      Ahoy, mateys!

      Delete
  3. One thing that is missed in the talk about the Mueller investigation and its aftermath is the fact that the Obama Administration stated AFTER the election that they knew BEFORE the election that Russia was trying to help Trump win (sorry, folks, but I don't see how Russia would want Trump to win, but we'll pass that).

    The point is, the Obama Administration was remiss in not informing the Trump campaign about Russia's interference.

    Why the Obama Administration would be so remiss -- now THERE is where the origins of Spygate and the motives can be found.

    Hoping AG Barr brings justice to the Obama Administration's malignant neglect and interference in the opponent's campaign, and doesn't just slap Comey, Brennan, and Clapper on the hand.

    ReplyDelete