Tuesday, May 7, 2019

How to tell when a blog is a sinking ship


There is such a thing as patience, and then there is reality, the hard cold facts.

Fact 1:  I created the blog in hopes that it would provide BOTW Refugees with a platform for conversation similar to what we used to know at the vaunted broadsheet.

Fact 2:  I do not have the charisma or skills to persuade refugees to come to the blog.

Fact 3:  I am stretched thin by other responsibilities, and my efforts at trying to persuade refugees to come to the blog are frankly futile.

Fact 4:  My appeals for handing the administration of the blog to someone with greater charisma and better skills have met with dead silence.  No one wants to be the administrator.

Fact 5:  Where one door closes, another door opens, if it is meant to be.  This blog is not the open door to anything of merit.

The blog will be scuttled at noon on Thursday, the ninth of May.

It was nice while it lasted.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could take on the responsibility, and would if I didn't have to work full time. As much griping as there has been amongst the commentariat about Twitter as a platform, you would think they would gladly accept an alternative. Theoretically, we are all adults. You tried, Jude, and I appreciate it immensely. I personally like this little blog. I just wish I had something "good" to contribute on a more regular basis. One of these days, I AM going to write that crazy book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - if you don't want to kill this just yet, please add me as an administrator. I can commit to popping in weekly to see who's who and what's what.

      Delete
    2. Melly, thank you for offering to do the administrator role. I believe you may be more successful than I have been in attracting BOTW Refugees to the blog. Fingers crossed!

      Hopefully, the blog won't have to be scuttled on Thursday after all.

      Delete
  2. I will try to be more creative after my surgery. Being retired, I have more time.
    With the upcoming 2020 elections, it will be interesting. Expecting more censorship and mud slinging. WSJ will probably flip to the dark side and Twitter will be a mine field of hate and censorship. We need this blog or a close facsimile of the BOTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does one become a contributor?
    Anyone?
    Please advise.

    Thanks,
    Dennis Paine
    dapaine@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete