Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Trump chose Rosenstein


In "Rod Rosenstein: Hero" in the 1 May 2019 edition of The Epoch Times, Brian Cates @drawandstrike has penned a thought-provoking opinion piece which I would like to bring to the blog.

The salient point in the opinion is this:

Far from being a key Spygate plotter trying to cover up the attempted coup, I believe Rosenstein is going to play a key role as a witness in prosecuting the plotters. It’s why he has to exit the DOJ now, before the prosecution phase begins, as I detailed in this earlier column, “Trump Continues to Prepare the Battlefield.”

Recall an earlier blog post on Rosenstein's recent speech to the Armenian Bar Association's Public Servants Dinner in New York on 25 April which hinted at his upcoming role.  He said:

"A republic that endures is not governed by the news cycle. Some of the nonsense that passes for breaking news today would not be worth the paper [it] was printed on, if anybody bothered to print it. It quickly fades away. The principles are what abide."

Like me, Brian Cates got put in Twitter Jail.  Somehow he was able to break out, again and again.  I respect his opinion.  I just hope to God he's right in his view that Rosenstein is going to help prosecute the Spygate plotters.  I'll be getting the popcorn ready in anticipation.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be right over to join you with the popcorn. I'll even bring the wine! any preference?

    ReplyDelete